Thursday, March 19, 2009

Birthday/Spring Break



It's my birthday! Now I'm 16 years old. That's crazy! It's kinda weird. Today I'm going to go get my license. Most people my age are excited about this but I'm not so much. I'm really not the best driver and I don't like driving.

I wanted to go apply for my passport today but that might not happen.

It's currently my spring break. But it's nearly over. Over the break I went all over the southwest. OK maybe not all over. First we drove to Gallop, NM as soon as school was over. We spent the night in Gallop and woke up and drove to the Petrified Forest. Then went to the Grand Canyon. We got there that evening walked part of the rim. Then we ate at a really good restaurant then we went to bed. The next morning we woke up at 5:30 to see the sunrise over the Grand Canyon in 20 degree weather. It was cold! But it was worth it. It was beautiful. After the sun rose we went back to the hotel to eat and I rested. But then we went back, found someone who was with us' parents, and went to the canyon. We hiked down into the canyon. Well not that far. Probably less than a mile. It was icy and the ice was covered with dirt so you couldn't see the ice. But it was fun. My mom ended up getting tired so I hiked back up with her. I really wanted to go further down but I didn't want to go up after that. We took several breaks until my mom just said we would just wait until everyone else would got to where we were. I just took pictures of trees and stuff. We made it to the top then we hung out at the Grand Canyon. There was a hotel and stuff. It was pretty cool. Soon we drove to another town and just stayed at the hotel there. The next morning we drove to Four Corners and shopped at all the stands with jewelry and stuff. My sister got a knife made out of a buffalo rib. It's pretty cool. Then we took pictures at the Four Corners. Then we got back into the car and drove to Durango Co. We ate downtown and wanted to shop but only a few stores were open. So we didn't. The next day we took the Durango/Silverton train but since it was sill winter we only went half way. It was pretty fun but I felt sick because the train rocked back and forth so much. But it was really cool! After that we went downtown and shopped. The next day we drove home. We stopped at Santa Fe but didn't stop for too long.

Well that's what happened on the trip.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy b-day to you!
Happy b-day to you!
Happy b-day dear Calsie Rael,
Happy b-day to yoOOouUU!!

Rachel And Charis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BRITHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CALSIE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! :)

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY!!

OMTG!!! That trip sounds like SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! I've never been to any of those places (I believe)!! Your so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

you are Zoe's cousin?? Happy Birthday!!

Calsie Rael said...

Lauren Ann: Yes I'm am Zoe's cousin and thanks.

Thanks Sarah and Jana too.