Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sinking Sand, and Christ the Rock

One of my favorite movies is The Second Chance. One of the themes in the movie addresses comfort zones and stuff. One song played is one of my favorites. Here are the lyrics

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Sinking Sand

What is sinking sand? Where is it? One think suggested in the movie and I agree with is that comfort is sinking sand. I don't know about you but I sure like my comfort zone and a step out of it is...no bueno. But my comfort zone is my sinking sand.

Christ the Rock

Christ is the solid rock. Anyway not on Christ is sinking sand.

Well I guess I don't have too much to say. But I just wanted to get that out there. I encourage you to think about what your sinking sand is. Comment any responses and comments.

Before I finish I'm going to add lyrics to another song from the movie. And I encourage everyone to watch the movie. Michael W. Smith - All In The Serve

Never gave you nothing
people couldn't explain a way
Never gave you nothing without
Something to gain never could slow down
Enough to study your face but now i
Wanna know your name

Chorus: Hold my feet to the fire
Till I'm breaking a sweat
Till I'll never forget your call
Keep me in line
Give me the nerve
Here it's all in the serve

Locked in the diamond lane
I keep driving past it
Better to be safe
Than learn what your a bout
Give me another chance to go where
You're going now
I’m here to walk it out
I’m here to walk it out
I’m here to walk it out

Chorus: (2x’s)

It’s all in the serve
It’s all in the serve
Here it’s all in the serve

No comments: