Saturday, February 14, 2009

Impacting Lives

First off if you haven't read the post before this I think it's really good and you should read it. (and I spent a lot of time on it) Secondly I know that I changed the colors again but I like the way it is now.

Now I get to the topic of Impacting Lives.

Today is Valentine's Day. As many of you know. And yesterday at my school a lot of people gave out Valentine presents, cards, etc. She gave me a note that is very special to me now. Before I explain the note I have to explain the story.

I have had the same group of friends at school since 8th grade (except one girl who moved and now my friends' boyfriends eat with us. But I guess they don't count) One girl when she moved here she was really quiet but we started becoming friends. In 9th grade was when we really became good friends. One day in class she said something about how God didn't like her. Well me and another one of my friends took special interest in her I guess you could say. After a little while she started going to church with one of my friends and really liked it. She had been going for a little while, I'm not sure how long but we were talking in some free time in class. She told me that she really liked it but they got homework and she couldn't understand what the Bible they had at her house said because It was KJV. (Which is a version I like because of it's beautiful language but it can be extremely confusing.) After she said that I prayed and God told me that I should get her a Bible that's easy to understand. I told my mom that we needed to go to Mardel and to buy my friends a Bible. We had some at home but they were only New Testament. So we went to Mardel and if you have been there it can take you forever to buy a Bible. But I found one that was really nice, easy to read, and I could afford it. We went and got her name engraved. At my 15th birthday party we were hanging out and I took her aside and handed her the Bible that I had bought and gave it to her. At first she said that she felt bad that I was giving her a gift at my birthday party but then I could see the joy in her face and how thankful she was. I got to watch her grow and grow. I even visited their Church a few times and saw how much she was growing. Then one day I got a text message from the friend that she goes to Church with saying that she had been baptised that morning. I was so happy. I have seen her grow since and I see a change in her life. She really is an amazing friend.

Back to what happened yesterday. I got a note from her with the card and M&M's she gave me for Valentines Day. At first it seemed like any other Valentine's Day note. But then I got half way through and nearly cried. She stared off staying that she was glad that I was her friend and wanted to thank me for the Bible I had given her. (a year ago next month) Then she went on to say how me and my other friend were the ones that helped start her relationship with God and how she could never express how thankful she is about that. She said that the Bible I gave her was the best gift she had ever received from a friend. She closed the letter saying again that she is glad we are friends.

That nearly made me cry. (I would of but I was at school and didn't want people to ask what was wrong with me) But it opened my eyes. I did something so little to me. Buying her a Bible was no big deal for me. But for her it was huge. Sure I was glad I did it. But I didn't realize that it would have impacted her like that. I was thinking that I should have done more. (and I probably should of) But God used me and my friend who help her come to Christ. It a really humbling feeling and a good feeling to know that you did something good. And who knows she may bring someone else to Christ. Maybe several people. She has a great personality and loves helping people and I believe that she can do great things.

That was really cool for me. A lot of people probably have cooler stories than that. But that's mine. She has come so far in the past year.

With that said. Everyone has a chance to impact someone else. I'm pretty sure most people have before. I wrote a paper for school once about how someone can impact your life. There are positive and negative ways but God can turn negative in to positive. My friend said once how some bad things that happened to her as a kid turned out to make her a better person.

I really don't have anything else to say. Just that even something small and impact a person so much. If you do something small for God, He will do the rest. We didn't really do that much besides bring her to church and give her a Bible that she could understand. God did the rest. He just used us. It's a great feeling to know that God used you to do something wonderful. But God did most of it. I feel like in this post I may have been giving glory to me. But I didn't do anything great. God did. God brought a child of His to Him. We just helped him a long the way. If we didn't do what God wanted us to do my friend may never have come to know God. But I did hardly anything. God did it all.


Leviticus 9:6

Moses said, "This is the thing which the LORD has commanded you to do, that the glory of the LORD may appear to you."



Numbers 14:21

but indeed, as I live, all the earth will be filled with the glory of the LORD



1 Chronicles 16:29

Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name;



Psalm 29:2

Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!
That is an amazing story!! I am glad you shared it!